[Asterisk-Users] qualify and NAT....

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Mon Mar 14 10:21:05 MST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to run an ATA behind a NAT device, and am confused on exactly
what the qualify config option does, other than send NOTIFY packets.

Outbound calls work fine, but inbound calls do not go through.  With
qualify=yes and nat=yes, my show sip peers looks like:

7771111001/7771111001      10.0.0.10     D   N      255.255.255.255
1222  OK (36 ms)

So, it has established a connection with the peer on port 1222, however,
when an incoming call comes in, it instead tries to go to port 5060,
which doesn't work.

I know I could use port forwarding, but that won't work well for
multiple ATAs.  So, am I right in thinking Asterisk should automagically
forward the call to the port listed in show sip peers or am I missing
something?  Any help DEFINATELY appreciated!!

Brian