[Asterisk-Users] Problem with TE405P and Slackware 10.0

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Mar 14 05:47:51 MST 2005

On March 14, 2005 06:50 am, pixer wrote:
>   3:          0          XT-PIC  t4xxp

> Without loading the module the LED glows in red colour, but the moment we
> load module, it goes off. (No red or green).
> We ran zttool and tried to run a loop test, but zttool simply hung with the
> message 'Looping UP Span 1...'. We had to terminate zttool with 'kill'.
>
> What's wrong ?

This is a hardware or BIOS issue -- your card is unable to generate
interrupts.  Try shuffling the card around to a different PCI slot and/or
adjusting your BIOS interrupt settings.  Also you might want to try the
"pci=noacpi" or even "noapic" kernel options.

I run the same card in a similar box with Slackware 10.0 (and formerly 9.1)
without any issue whatsoever.  This is a specific hardware issue.

-A.