[Asterisk-Users] Text Messaging or AIM

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Mon Mar 14 01:54:50 MST 2005

<quote who="C F">
> Why not, just use the email address given before from you email
> client.

So, you can generate an SMS message on your Cell phone and send it
to your, say, hotmail account?  Or are you talking about using
an embeded email client on the phone to create an email.  Not using
SMS at all?

> I have my asterisk box setup in voicemail.conf to send me
> notifications to me cell phone using this method. I'm a Sprint
> subscriber (I used to be Verizon, and it worked with them as well), so
> I have * setup to send me an email to
> my10digitmobilephonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com, letting me know
> there is a new voicemail waiting for me, callerID of caller, and
> duration and in which mailbox. I can then call back my * box and
> listen to the messages, I like this better than the callback feature
> b/c I can do it on my time.

This is easy.  Just put the <phonenum>@carrier.com address in the
definition of the voicemail box in voicemail.conf.

Though this is not the direction I have been talking about.

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP