[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@Home

Scheda scheda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:07:13 MST 2005

Have any of you tried this?

http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

I'm thinking of using this version. I'm debating between it and
Knoppix with Asterisk thrown in there as well. I'm a linux newbie for
the most part, but can get around and get done what I need done with
help here and there, but I don't know if *@Home is all what I need.

Here is what I need * to do for me pretty much.

-Voicemail
-Conferencing
-IM callbacks (Instant message from my cell and it calls me back)
-Extentions
-A few other things which I can handle

I've used * a tad bit in the past, no real heavy work with it though.
I would think that the GUI in *@Home would make Asterisk less
functional. Seeing as how I'm not using this for some large business
or anything, just as something so listeners of a radio show I do can
interact, I don't think *@Home would be WAY too restrictive on what I
need accomplished.

If you have used this before, can you post a review on what you think
of it or just tell me if this will suit my needs or not?