[Asterisk-Users] Text Messaging or AIM

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Mar 13 14:49:04 MST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Matthew Asham wrote:

> > Whatever gave you that idea? Most operators have an interface allowing
> > reception of sms:es over internet. The protocols may be strange (they are)
> > and the pricing models vary greatly, but there are many receive interface
> > to sms:es.
>
> I've been wondering about this for some time, is there a common product name for
> this service?

No, not really. You should be able to call your operator (or in Europe,
any operator since you can send messages between the networks) and ask for
what you want.

Another option is to search for one of the protocol names:
    * CIMD 1.3 and CIMD 2.0 over IP
    * SMPP 3.3 over IP
    * UCP/EMI 2.0 over IP and serial
    * SEMA SMS2000 OIS 4.0 and 5.0 over Radiopad and X.25

Peter