[Asterisk-Users] chat line

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Mar 13 12:32:41 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 11:15 -0600, James Taylor wrote:
> Yes, the meetme can be part of it.
>
> I was thinking more of a "classified ad" chat line, you know the
> male-female thing:
>
> "...If you are a man looking for a woman, press one..."
> "...If you are a woman looking for a man, press two..."
> "...If you are not sure, press three..."
> "...If you don't care, press four..."
> "...If you are a dog looking for his master, press five..."
>
> I'll share my notes if someone wants to team up and work on this.
> James

Learn the wonderful and very successful unix way of doing things. You
should use many small tools that do exactly one thing and do it very
well. String a few of these tools together and you have a well tested
larger tool.

Use one of the calling card apps for your billing, just know it doesn't
have to dial out of your system.

Use an IVR menu system to direct the person to the chat room you want
them in.

Use meetme to conference them all in.

Ohh my, looks like I just put enough work for you to need to send you an
invoice for you or your customer to pay me.... Do your own damn homework
more often.