[Asterisk-Users] Text Messaging or AIM

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Mar 13 12:14:46 MST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:

> There are SMS sending gateways out there, but they are sending
> only, no way to receive.  This is fixed in the IM solution by
> giving the "system" an account of its own.

Whatever gave you that idea? Most operators have an interface allowing
reception of sms:es over internet. The protocols may be strange (they are)
and the pricing models vary greatly, but there are many receive interface
to sms:es.

At least, there are in Europe and I cannot imagine the operators turning
down another revenue generating service in the US.

Peter