[Asterisk-Users] Advanced conference features, meetme2?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Mar 13 09:34:30 MST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, C. Tomlinson wrote:

> Thanks. I have already tried various options in from the wiki, but they
> don't work in my situation.
>
> I do not think the announce option works as I am using STABLE, not
> HEAD...huess I have to wait for it to make it into stable.

Or you can run cvs head. It is slated to become the next stable release
not too far out. With a bit of testing it may be safe enough for your
needs. Or not. :)

> I am creating dynamic conferences, using the 'd' option.
>
> The m option means everyone entering the conf can only listen....i want
> selective mute(can get this via menu option, but not ideal)

All the entrants do not have to use the same meetme command. We can have a
mix of people entering muted/non-muted depending on their authorization.
That's what the dialplan is there for.

Actually, we do it through an agi now, but it used to be done in the
dialplan itself. Now all the database stuff and all the prompts are
handled through the agi.

I think it is a mistake to add a lot of features to all the applications.
Quite a few of these could have been implemented using the dialplan and a
few new primitives.

Peter