[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 and server links

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Sun Mar 13 09:01:17 MST 2005

Hi Guys.

I have some questions regarding how to interconect * server with each other.

We are 3 asterisk servers and we added each other as "friend" on iax.conf.
So far everything was working or appeared to be working fine until:

1. One of the server changes it IAX2 port each time it reboots, why is this?
Also, I thought that even if it changes port, as soon as it registers with
me, my server would know the port and register with him using that same
port, automatically... Well, its not happening that way... I get timouts
trying to reister to that server because its trying to register on port 4569
and that server is using some other port, here is an example:

voip*CLI> iax2 show peers
Name/Username    Host                 Mask             Port          Status
armando          201.135.26.29   (D)  255.255.255.255  20463         OK (454
ms)
voip*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                  Username    Perceived             Refresh  State
201.135.26.29   anton       <Unregistered>             60  Timeout

2. Question, We are all using dynamic dns but the other 2 * servers are
using noip.org and dyndns services like that sort. On my side, I have my own
dynamic dns but seems that if my ip changes, and even after I update my dns,
the other 2 asterisk servers keep thinking Im using the old ip and do not
connect to my aerver until they do a reload and make their servers noticed
my new ip. Any ideas? I thought that if servers are added on iax.conf by
name, asterisk would keep trying to connect if the connection has a problem
so that it would try using the new ip... Or does this only happens when
doing a reload?

Thx guys!