[Asterisk-Users] newbie uk questions...

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Mar 13 04:40:24 MST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Darrell Berry wrote:

> - are there any UK-based VoIP providers targetting small business users:
> by which I mean support for multiple simultaneous connections in and out
> on the same DDI (to simulate traditional multi-channel ISDN PBX
> capabilities), and guaranteed SLAs/professional support? If so, has
> anyone dealt with any of them and do you have any recommendations
> (either for or against?). This includes ISPs getting into the VoIP arena.

Hard SLAs may be tough to get unless the VoIP provider is also your
Internet provider.

> - failing that, what my options for *-compatible, UK-legal
> interconnections between a *-based PBX and UK PSTN? I'm looking for more
> channels than I will get from ISDN-2e, but less than ISDN-33 (probably):
> enough for say 4-8 simultaneous incoming/outgoing calls. I admit this is
> the area I'm least clear on!

Not living in the UK this may not be relevant but 8 channels is usually
the balance point between multiple bri lines and a single pri. Since some
asterisk features can tie up a lot of channels (conferences, queues etc)
the safe bet in the long term is always to go with an E1 pri.

Peter