[Asterisk-Users] InterVivo and MusicOnHold()

asterisk-users at project76.net asterisk-users at project76.net
Sat Mar 12 14:27:29 MST 2005

Hi All,

I've been trying for a while to get * to play MusicOnHold with my SIP connection. I can hear it when I call a test extension from my local X-Lite phone, but when I dial in via InterVivo, I just hear silence.

I have a Gentoo box with kernel 2.4.28-gentoo. I have no sound card or speakers on the box, it's in a cupboard.

I have uncommented the lines in musiconhold.conf. I am trying to use the following extensions

[inbound-calls]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/07XXXXXXXXX,20,m)

[voip]
exten => test,1,Goto(inbound-calls,s,1)

Dialing test from X-Lite works correctly, and dialling in diverts to the mobile, but with silence. PlayBack() with GSM files works okay.

Is there something special I need to do with InterVivo to get it to work?

Thanks
Jamie

SIP.CONF attached:

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind SIP channel to
context = inbound-calls         ; Default context for incoming calls
srvlookup = yes         ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls

disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=ilbc

externip = XXXX
register => 0207043XXXX:XXXX at sip.intervivo.net
realm = voip.project76.net
localnet = 41.0.0.0
localmask = 41.240.0.0
nat = yes

;outbound calls go here
[sip-with-london-number]
type=friend
secret=XXXX
username=0207043XXXX
host=sip.intervivo.net
insecure=very
fromuser=0207043XXXX
fromdomain=sip.intervivo.net

;soft phone client
[jamie]
type=friend
secret=XXXX
host=dynamic
nat=yes
username=jamie
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context=voip

--
Visit our Little Britain microsite:
http://little.britain.project76.tv/welcome.php

You can now contact us at local call rates(*) via
our NEW number: 0845 226 9157.

(*) May not be included in your provider's call
allowance. Check with provider for call costs.