[Asterisk-Users] Zapping around

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Sat Mar 12 13:50:33 MST 2005

Dear list,

I am trying to learn how to use Zap-things in Asterisk.

While loading Asterisk verbosely I get this error:

[chan_zap.so]Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
 => (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
Mar 12 17:19:01 WARNING[5563]: chan_zap.c:763 zt_open: Unable to open '/
dev/zap/channel': No such file or directory
Mar 12 17:19:01 ERROR[5563]: chan_zap.c:6208 mkintf: Unable to open
channel 1: No such file or directory
here = 0, tmp->channel = 1, channel = 1
Mar 12 17:19:01 ERROR[5563]: chan_zap.c:9155 setup_zap: Unable to
register channel '1-2'
Mar 12 17:19:01 WARNING[5563]: loader.c:345 ast_load_resource:
chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
  == Unregistered channel type 'Tor'
  == Unregistered channel type 'Zap'
Mar 12 17:19:01 WARNING[5563]: loader.c:440 load_modules: Loading module
chan_zap.so failed!
aaberga at epsilon-stargate:~> Ouch ... error while writing audio data: :
Broken pipe

Now, modprobing zaptel is ok:

aaberga at epsilon-stargate:~> sudo /sbin/modprobe zaptel
aaberga at epsilon-stargate:~>

Same with wcfxo, wcfxs

aaberga at epsilon-stargate:~> sudo /sbin/modprobe wcfxo
aaberga at epsilon-stargate:~> sudo /sbin/modprobe wcfxs
aaberga at epsilon-stargate:~>

although here I do have a first question. The card I am using is a TDM400
with two FXS module, an empty slot and an FXO module.

The wiki mentions a wctdm module that I do not find (modprobing it just
fails). Am I missing something, or can I use the older set of kernel modules?

[info: I did get the 1.0.6 zaptel, libpri and asterisk archives from the
Digium site; I did compile everything under SUSE 9.2, thus with a stock
2.6.8-24-default kernel;
I did use the make linux26 command in the install process of zaptel.
]

Now the card seems to react to my fiddling: the three green leds
corresponding to the installed module positions do turn on as soon as I
type the wcfxo or wcfxs modprobe command.

The zaptel config file is as follows:

************** zaptel.conf **************
the stock file as generated by the compile process, with the addition of
these lines

# edited by aaberga % 12.3.05
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

fxsks = 1-2
#fxoks = 4

************** zaptel.conf **************

The zapata.conf file is as follows:

************** zapata.conf **************
the stock file as generated by the compile process, with the addition of
these lines

; edited by aaberga % 12.3.05

;signalling = fxs_ks
;context = incoming
;channel => 4

signalling = fxo_ks
context=internal
channel => 1-2

I am obviously missing and/or misdoingsomething; can anybody help?

Thanks in advance
Aldo