[Asterisk-Users] Sipura-841 Problems

Paul Dugas paul at dugasenterprises.com
Fri Mar 11 19:51:12 MST 2005

On Fri, March 11, 2005 10:19 am, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht said:
> voip at les.net (LES.NET 1996 INC.) writes:
>> Yes, I upgraded some prior to the problem.  it seems to affect both
>> versions of the firmware.
>>
>> But you cannot upgrade them after they lock up.
>
> I don't know if this is related, but I couldn't get my sipura spa-841
> working using any of the half-dozen store-bought cat-5 patch cables I
> had laying around.  It just refused to register.  Tcpdump confirmed
> that packets were coming from it, and we answered, but it never
> "heard" us.  Just out of randomness I tried the shorter enclosed cable
> that came with the spa-841 and would you believe that it started
> working?

When I went to RMA one of these units that was no longer booting, they
asked me about the length of the cable.  I was using the one that came
with the unit so that shouldn't have been the issue but I too find it
strange that a longer cable could affect a production, off-the-shelf unit
like that.  Sounds to me like a pretty crappy transceiver in the unit.

$0.02,

Paul
--
Paul A. Dugas                    Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugasenterprises.com        1711 Indian Ridge Drive