[Asterisk-Users] No ringback over IAX - LiveVoip (or how Wiley made my /dev/null list)

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Mar 11 16:55:59 MST 2005

That's very nice and all, but not constructive.  Please DO read the
posts regarding LiveVOIP's ringback problem.  LiveVOIP has even
identified as * sending back a "non-standard signal".  So, we know what
the problem is, we know it doesn't exist with other providers, and even
in the face of all this information, LiveVOIP seems to be refusing or
unable to fix it.

That said, there was nothing negative about my post, just stating the
very obvious fact that you may have missed part of the discussion.  I
didn't suggest why you may have missed it, nor did I imply that there's
anything wrong with you for missing it.  I do, however, take note that
you're taking this list much too seriously.  If you defend it so
vigorously, maybe you could take your arguments off-list rather than
plugging up communications with no less than 30 messages in the last 24
hours, the majority of which unconstructive bickering about your
personal disagreement with some jerk's response to a newbie.

I'm not defending the decision of some to be hostile towards those who
are "lazy", or even the ridiculously thoughtless sentiment to complain
to 10,000 people about some wasted bytes -- but your posts and their
frequency are adding a lot of noise to a list which could otherwise be
useful.  Since you like to give out your recommendations as
bullet-points, let me add mine:

- If you don't know the answer to a question, don't answer it.
- If you have no new information to add, don't post.
- If you disagree with someone's attitude or post or whatever, tell that
ONE person; don't bother the rest of the free world with your scrupels.
- And lastly, don't get offended on this list -- it ain't worth it.
Spend more time with your family or pets or car or whatever makes you
smile.

Have a good weekend.

(and yes, you're dev/nul'ed -- it's nothing personal, I'm just trying to
cut down on the noise, and at your current rate, you'd add another 1,000
messages/month to this list)