[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, IAX2 and iptables

Androtech androtech at gigliesi.it
Fri Mar 11 16:30:10 MST 2005

Does someone experienced these kind of configuration:

linux box connected to internet by USB modem. It runs iptables for firewall. Iptables is set to masquerade (NAT) all the other PCs of the LAN. In the same PC Asterisk is running.

PROBLEM: when I try to register my software phone to Asterisk and I'm out of my LAN, I cannot do it. The problem seems to be related to the firewall that does not allow incoming packets for the IAX2 protocol

I already set the following rule, as described to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+firewall+rules,
but I didn't get any good result.

iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 4569 -j ACCEPT

Any idea?

Regards,