[Asterisk-Users] Re: OT: Best DB

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at eunetnorge.no
Thu Mar 10 20:49:20 MST 2005

"Giudice, Salvatore" <Salvatore.Giudice at FMR.COM> writes:

> PostgreSQL is fine, but MySQL handles much better under extreme
> load.

Every actual test I've seen says the opposite, as does most of the
anecdotal evidence.  Theoretically, as well, PostgreSQL should have
the edge under heavy load.

> PostgreSQL supports more features than MySQL, such as subqueries,
> more functionality in stored procedures, cursors, and views.

...where "more functionality" means they actually exist.  :-)

> In terms of support, you can get support from MySQL directly, while
> PostgreSQL means you have to turn to mailing lists.

Not true.  There's plenty professional support available, including
from some of the implementors of PostgreSQL.

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.