[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice Config proper??

Scott Wolfe scottwolfe at orbus.net
Thu Mar 10 17:26:29 MST 2005

I am having a bugger of a time getting Broadvoice to work. While using the configuration below I get "the device you are using is not registered to place calls on the network......"  I am using xlite to dial through Asterisk at home to Broadvoice service. If I configure xlite with the settings listed in my account and dial stright out (without broadvoice) I can place calls just fine.

I have configured my /etc/hosts file to point 147.135.8.128 to sip.broadvoice.com

Any tips you think of would be great. Thanks for looking.

sip.conf file

register => XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com:PPPPPPPPPP:XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com/200

[sip.broadvoice.com]
type=peer
user=phone
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=XXXXXXXXXX
secret=PPPPPPPPPP
username=XXXXXXXXXX
authname=XXXXXXXXXX
insecure=very
context=from-pstn
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
;Disable canreinvite if you are behind a NAT
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

extensions.conf file
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@sip.broadvoice.com,30) ; Dial Broadvoice for 30 seconds