[Asterisk-Users] Suse Compiling: next err

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Thu Mar 10 16:09:44 MST 2005

Hi all,

sorry bothering again.

I am still stuck in compiling asterisk. Learning (or trying to) from the
first problem and first hint, when I got this error:

gcc -g  -o asterisk -Wl,-E  io.o sched.o logger.o frame.o loader.o
config.o channel.o translate.o file.o say.o pbx.o cli.o md5.o term.o
ulaw.o alaw.o callerid.o fskmodem.o image.o app.o cdr.o tdd.o acl.o rtp.o
manager.o asterisk.o ast_expr.o dsp.o chanvars.o indications.o
autoservice.o db.o privacy.o astmm.o enum.o srv.o dns.o aescrypt.o
aestab.o aeskey.o utils.o  editline/libedit.a db1-ast/libdb1.a stdtime/
libtime.a -ldl -lpthread -lncurses -lm -lresolv   -lssl
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.4/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/
ld: cannot find -lssl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [asterisk] Error 1

I thought that I was missing some ssl libraries. So I added openssl. But
still I had no luck.
As there are many 'ssl'-containing package descriptions I ended, after
some trial and more errors, adding most development libraries.

After all the disk is big enough; for some unknown (to me) reason I
started getting strange compile errors, even in the zaptel and libpri
compilation that was previously completing well.

The funny thing is that the errors seemed to be related to the call of UI
widget functions.
<g>

Now after a couple of hours of reinstallation of a fresh system I do not
dare to add heaps of packages without knowledge of what is really needed.

So:
which ssl/crypto package does containg the right library?

Thanks in advance,
Aldo