[Asterisk-Users] Polycom phones do not talk to each otherandcannot answer when we pickup

Senad Jordanovic senad at boltblue.com
Thu Mar 10 15:22:32 MST 2005

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:
>  > Never used pbxware, but the context the sip phones dial out using
>> specified in sip.conf needs to include the dialplan context of
>> the phones in extensions.conf.

As mentioned above check the "context" for phones... :)

> PBXware does not use the Conf files, but it uses its own database and
> encryption schemes to configure users from a database and dial
> extensions using an agi script. So there is no way we can modify the
> conf files to suit polycom.

It is not correct that you can not enter your custom .conf files.
You can do it, but you will loose all features and functionality PBXware
offers.

Why do not you put ";" before exten =>
_[*0-9].,1,DeadAgi,init.sh|destinations
in order to get phones work "manually"

> PBXware does not support polycom phones as they are not in the list
> of approved hardware, as it stands now. Hence we have to look to see
> if we can do something using Polycom Settings itself.

Correct, I am sure they are great phones, they are just not approved and
tested yet.