[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom phones do not talk to each other

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Mar 10 14:52:14 MST 2005

>> We have bought PBXware GUI from Bicom systems and configured
>> extensions
>> with Polycom Phones as UAs.
>>
>> The Polycom Phones can dial out and make calls but I cannot make
>> extension to extension calling.
>>
>> Googling did not help much.
>>
>> As you may be aware PBXware is a closed source software GUI from Bicom
>> Systems for configuring extensions. It is a good tool to configure and
>> manage users and phones but it does not allow to do any of the
>> customization tasks that are possible by directly editing the .conf
>> files, which may be required in for Polycom.
>>
>> However if this is an issue of configuration on the Phone itself, we
>> want to be able to make changes and fix this problem.

> Never used pbxware, but the context the sip phones dial out using
> specified in sip.conf needs to include the dialplan context of the
> phones in extensions.conf.

Also, I'm sure you've probably checked on this one, but are the phones
registered with asterisk?  You can make outbound calls on them without
them actually being registered.  I'm assuming you can still get in and
see the CLI.  What does "sip show peers" look like?  What does "sip
show peer xxx" show?  What does the CLI show when you dial a phone?