[Asterisk-Users] using the i extension

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Mar 10 13:57:27 MST 2005

Wilson Pickett wrote:

>>My problem is as well described on
>>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+i+extension
>

> Yup. I believe the 'i' reacts to dialed digits input during that
> particular extension. There aren't any. That wiki page concludes that
> you need a "fallthrough" extension like
>
> _.,1,Playback(Idiot)
> _.,2,Hangup
>
> And you need to make sure it is evaluated *after* any valid extensions
> or it will tell every caller they are an idiot :)
>
> So to sum up, a call is dropped into a context. If there is no such
> extension in that context, a catchall extension is needed to play the
> recording you wish before hanging up the call.

It will do that anyway, since exten "h" is called when one side (I
don't recall if it's the caller or the callee) hangs up.  The only way
to avoid this is to put the _. extension in an include or just don't
use it at all.  Use something like _X.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain