[Asterisk-Users] Incoming Fax Service question

IT-PO it at personaloffice-bv.com
Tue Mar 8 10:45:02 MST 2005

Hi Everyone.

Some time ago, I was told that it's possible to implement an incoming
Fax server with extensions using only one PSTN line, like this:
PSTN number: 1234567, that's the line connected,
FAX numbers like: 1234567-00, 1234567-01, 1234567-02 and so on are
routed to their respective recipients.
I do not want real DID (which would mean buying a bunch of numbers from
the telco, expensive), but to handle this inside my Asterisk PBX.
I was told there is software that would work like this, but don't know
how this could be achieved.
I can code, so the real problem for me is: how do I get to the excess
numbers dialed after the number that connects to my line (1234567 in my
example).
I want to implement this using an ISDN line.

I simply cannot get the hang of this, and would greatly appreciate any
insights.

--
Best Regards,
Met vriendelijke groeten,