[Asterisk-Users] OT: Best DB

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Thu Mar 10 11:41:31 MST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:09:09AM -0600, mmiranda at americatel.com.sv said:
> > I'd *love* to see the particulars of that test.  It's been
> > shown time and time
> > again that postgres' speed CLOBBERS mysql for anything but
> > the simplest
> > selects, and that it can handle far more concurrent
> > connections without
> > slowing down.
>
> I strongly agree with this, i have a prepaid voip solution with asterisk,
> freeradius and postgresql , the hole thing relies in stored procedures and
> triggers (i mean the billing, traffic monitoring, admin system, etc). It had
> scaled from thousands of minutes per month to two millions in these days
> without an issue, we export the cdr to mysql for the IT/Customer Service

OK, as some of you suspected, I found out that the test was serial. I'm
having the programmer re-do the testing to be more representative of
real-life - many concurent connections doing many different kinds of
queries / inserts / updates at the same time.

I too prefer postgres, but it's damn hard to state your case when someone
hands you test results that show mysql beating the pants off it.

I expect that we will see very different results under the new test.