[Asterisk-Users] Re: OT: Best DB

mmiranda at americatel.com.sv mmiranda at americatel.com.sv
Thu Mar 10 09:25:42 MST 2005

> You snipped out my paragraph where I mentioned tuning the DB itself,
> queries, and schema. I have no doubt that 8.x is faster than
> 7.x, but I
> did not find any reports from people claiming a 10X
> performance boost. I
> didn't look hard, but I did look. I'll look into installing
> 8.x and see
> if we can rerun the tests.

a fast query is not always enough, if this is your case, then go for mysql.
is you look for full featured db, strong performance (may be you can see a
mysql query is faster some times, but with postgres you get acceptable
response time on every query, no matter how complex it is), great support
forums, true open source (free), and you have talented SQL programmers (you
need to use more than simple sum,left join, case statements) you must go
with postgres, they feel more comfortable with their great PLPG/SQL
language, not the limited functions of mysql (read my previus post on this
thread for details).

---
Miguel