[Asterisk-Users] Sipura-841 Problems

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Thu Mar 10 08:03:09 MST 2005

Hello Everyone.

Please let me know if this is the incorrect forum for this question.

I recently acquired 3 Sipura-841 phones for use with my asterisk system.

I provisioned and deployed one.  It worked for 3 days, then uddenly, it
stopped working.  Upon reboot, the MWI light blinks 20 times and that's
the end of it.  It has never registered again since then.

So I replaced the phone with another that I had.  I provisioned it, it
went online for a split second, then it too died!  MWI light blinks 20
times, and the phone is dead.

So Sipura sent me out 3 replacement phones the next week.

Now, I've provisioned a replacement phone.  I was talking on it for 2
hours when it died.  (guess what)  Same problem mostly.   MWI light blinks
20 times, and the phone just doesn't work.  (Except this one will reboot
itself every 5 minutes.  About every 10th reboot, it will go online for a
few minutes, then die again)

Curious if anyone has experienced the same problem?

I have tried all these phones in four totally unique environments.  (ie:
differetn dhcp servers, differnet hubs/switches, different ISPs, etc)
Problem is consistent across them all.

I've tried cvs-head, and asterisk-1.05, same problem.

One other thing..  If I use the exact same SIP credentials/config on a
Linksys PAP2, or Linksys RT31P2, it works fine, or even any softphone.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Les