[Asterisk-Users] Problem with incoming calls.

C. Tomlinson asterisk_list at burntwires.com
Thu Mar 10 06:39:27 MST 2005

I have a problem with incoming IAX calls. I have 2 numbers from the same
supplier delivered over IAX. I register once with the server, and both calls
get to my box, and I get output on the console with both calls. However I
cannot get each number to go to separate contexts....

Please see relevant sections from extensions and iax conf. files

Section from IAX.conf:

[448700XXXXXX] ;incoming 0870 number
type=user
username=448700XXXXXX
context=conference
trunking=off

[448450XXXXXX] ;incoming 0845 number
type=user
username=448450XXXXXX
context=demo_default
trunking=off

Section from extensions.conf

[demo_default] ;the 0845 number should go here
exten => 448450XXXXXX,1,Answer
exten => ...i have more here.

[conference] ;the 0870 number should go here
exten => 448700XXXXXX,1,Answer
exten => ...i have more here.

The output on the CLI looks like:

NOTICE[1282]: chan_iax2.c:5461 socket_read: Rejected connect attempt from
XXX.XXX.X.XXX, request '448700XXXXXX at demo_default' does not exist

However if you look above, the 0870 number should go to the [conference]
context; not the [demo_default] one..

If I then call the other 0845 number it works:

-- Accepting unauthenticated call from XXX.XXX.X.XXX, requested format = 8,
actual format = 8
-working.

If I comment out one of the numbers in the iax.conf, the other one works
fine..its just when both are active it doesn't seem to play properly.

Does anyone have any ideas? As far as I know I'm not being stupid, but
please point it out if I am. Any help much appreciated.

Regards,