[Asterisk-Users] OT: Zap channels intermittently bridging with SNOM190

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Thu Mar 10 01:09:41 MST 2005

Hi guys/girls,
We are running a TDM04B card with Asterisk in a Linux box that has 15 GrandStream102 extensions and 1 SNOM190 phone which we are using as an operator console. The FXO ports in the TDM04B are plugged directly into our telecoms provider's analogue lines.

Something I've picked up with the SNOM is that sometimes when there are two active incoming calls via Zap channels they end up being transferred to eachother. In other words two in bound callers end up being connected to eachother.
I've checked with the operator and she's said that she's been disconnecting any 'idle' calls i.e. when the remote user hangs up but yet the problem still occurs every now and again.

This is what I end up with when I run a 'show channels':
 Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.         Data
        Zap/1-1  (default                 1   )      Up Bridged Call  Zap/2-1
        Zap/2-1  (default    2009         1   )      Up Dial          SIP/switchboard|30|tr

For reference call transferring on the SNOM is being done via the 'consultation transfer' method as set out in the SNOM manual.

Perhaps there is a way in Asterisk or the SNOM phone to prevent/disallow bridging of specific Zap channels ?

Has anyone else come across this phenomenon before ?
Thanks in advance

Kindest regards
David Wilson
D c D a t a