[Asterisk-Users] zaptel configuration issues (zaptel.conf vs. zapata.conf)

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:25:29 MST 2005

Feel free to hit me with a cluestick; maybe it will jar something lose...

I'm running a stock *@home 0.6 install and after four days of
excrutiatingly annoying debugging, I finally came across the obvious
problem. The zaptel driver is reading /etc/zaptel.conf; which by
default configures one FXS Kewlstart channel. Asterisk, according to
"full" log, will see the first channel, then fail to load chan_zap.so
and not configure channels 2 through 4 (I have a TDM400p card in the
box...at least I think that's what it is)

AMP has three "zapata" configuration files in /etc/asterisk. My
question is: which is which and how do I get them to all harmonize so
this damn thing works, once and for all? I tried putting an #include
statement in /etc/zaptel.conf for sh*ts and giggles to no avail.

I'm sorry if I missed something obvious when reading the wiki or
example configuration files I've found on the net. I'm not a phone
person at all (though this does seem so very very easy, which makes
this so very very frustrating) and everyone question I've had so far
was easily answered somewhere, in some document.

TIA for any and all help

Regards,
aaron.glenn