[Asterisk-Users] Providing a dialtone

Martijn van Oosterhout martijn at ecomtel.com.au
Wed Mar 9 14:05:08 MST 2005

Hi,

I see applications for signalling busy, congested, ringing, progress
etc, which I understand can be provided either in or out of band. But
all I want to do is generate a dialtone. This obviously can only be
done in band.

There is code for generating the tones when you have a physical line,
like the alsa channel, or a zap channel. But I'm just thinking of if
they've selected an option that allows them to dial a normal number, to
also provide a normal dialtone. Should I just record one and use
Background()?

Thanks in advance,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout