[Asterisk-Users] OT: Best DB

list at ipmotel.net list at ipmotel.net
Wed Mar 9 12:50:47 MST 2005

I know this is a bit off topic but we are using Asterisk  :)

Since this list is full of tech gurus w/ all different sorts of backgrounds,
I thought I would get the best opinions here.

We have several different switches and other telecom equipment at our
facilities which all have their own proprietary cdr platforms, which are
rather limited. The company I work for is looking to develop their own
in-house billing system that would combine cdr from all platforms and bring
it into one big db, so we can do whatever we like w/ the data...billing,
invoices, reports, asr...etc...

So my question is this....

What's the most stable, fastest & reliable database for this project? Call
volume is about 8 to 10 million minutes per month, and we want to have 12
months of cdr available at any given time, anything older can be archived on
tape.
So what's the best db...oracle, ms sql, informix, mysql or something else?

What server specs would be ideal for this type of setup?

TIA,
Jon

---