[Asterisk-Users] Nortel ATA not passing dtmf tones to fxo

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Mar 9 12:45:30 MST 2005

> Yes the norstar is a piece of work. We have the same problem. The
> only solution is to dial asterisk then press feature 808 on your
> digital phone then the phone system will pass the dtmf - what a crock!

     After speaking to the people in charge of the Nortel PBX they asked if it
is possible to change the DTMF duration in Asterisk to a maximum of 120ms?
They say that their system only sends tones of that length and that is why
Asterisk does not detect the tones.  Can this parameter be manipulated on
Asterisk?  Is it Asterisk or Zaptel who is responsible for this?

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología