[Asterisk-Users] New Help Site - cut down on Mailing List questions

Don Pobanz asterisk at hastingsutilities.com
Wed Mar 9 08:29:20 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On March 9, 2005 03:49 am, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
>>The wiki has a section of exammple setups and configurations. What is
>>the atvantage of your separate site?
>>

> The wiki is very messy and hard to find information.  And I say this as an
> experienced Asterisk user (multiple PRI setups, voicemail, spandsp,
> hard/softphones, manager interface, etc.) -- the wiki's a good idea but it is
> very...  confusing?  congested?

I am all in favor of cutting down on Mailing list questions by having
information available and organized.

However, I'm not sure creating a new site helps in the long run. If the
wiki is "very messy and hard to find information", the focus should be
on getting the wiki more organized and neat.

I'm sure you could find some ways to help organize. Perhaps additional
pages are needed to group things in a different way. Or maybe some pages
could be changed to be better organized.

Don Pobanz