[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P slow getting line tone

Fabrizio Mazzoni fabrizio at macron.com
Wed Mar 9 06:34:42 MST 2005

Hello all,

I just installed a TDM400P with 2 FXO modules on my asterisk server. The
card works perfectly.
To get users to ring out from my SIP phones i setup an extension with 0 that
basically does something like this:

extension => 0,1,Dial(ZAP/g1) where g1 is the group of the two FXO channels
extension => 0,2,Hangup

This works exactly as i want so users basically can dial 0, wait for the
dialtone and then dial the requested number.

The only problem that i have is that from when a user dial 0 to when i get
the dialtone from the telephone line, something like 5 seconds pass... is it
possible to pull this wait time down to about 1 second? or even less??

I already set in zapata.conf the immediate=yes property..

Can someone help me out?

Best Regards,

Fabrizio Mazzoni
Macron Srl