[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 63

chris at jacob-solutions.com chris at jacob-solutions.com
Tue Mar 8 14:38:54 MST 2005

>   niles at atheos.net wrote:

> > Christopher,
> >
> > Just as a total guess, check to be sure the PoE portion
> >of his cat5 cable are not either grounded, or touching
> > each other.  Also, be sure he's not connected to a PoE
> >capeable switch since cisco is reverse polarity of the
> > PoE standard.
> > Niles
Niles,

Thanks for the guess. We don't have any PoE equipment in out setup. On further
review it seems the phone is sending power down the network cable... Definitly
a hardware problem. Seems to have fried a port on a Linksys workgroup switch.
(the port shows a link with nothing connected) but at least it didn't fry our
main Dell switches.

> Also, this sounds like it needs to go to Cisco tech
> support not asterisk support...

Robert,
"asterisk supprt"???? Are you kidding me? What's with all the list cops? I
wanted to see if anyone had seen anything like this. I wan't demanding that
someone diagnose and repair my problem...

Man, this list is decaying fast!

~C