[Asterisk-Users] At my wits' end: DTMF works locally, but ignored for incoming calls from IP telcos

Roman Zhovtulya roman at fh-offenburg.de
Tue Mar 8 14:20:55 MST 2005

Hello,
Has anyone seen this before: Incoming call routing (based on DTMF,
entering an extension of a party to call) works locally, but fails when
the call is coming into the same context from the IP telco or from the
landline.

I got a local phone number from sipgate.de (Germany) and would like to
route my incoming calls to the interal user extensions based on what the
caller enters.

The problems reported on Asterisk console:
1) When calling through an IP telco using SJPhone softphone:
"RFC9989 support incomplete. Turn off on client if possible".

2) When calling from a normal landline phone, the DTMF I type is simply
ignored and the extension goes to timeout, without giving any error
messages, as if I didn't enter anything at all

I've tried changing the DTMF mode for incoming context, etc, played with
all kinds of settings for several days already, but nothing helps.

Here is the context where the incoming calls are placed

[fhostaffmenu]
; this code is working locally, but not for the incoming calls from the
outside;

include => fhostaff
exten => s,1,Ringing
exten => s,n,Wait,1			; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,n,Answer			; Answer the line
exten => s,n,DigitTimeout,5		; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,n,ResponseTimeout,10		; Set Response Timeout to 10
seconds
exten => s,n,BackGround(welcome) ; Play a congratulatory message
exten => s,n,WaitExten		; Wait for an extension to be dialed.
exten => t,1,BackGround(timeout)	; Play a timeout message
exten => t,n,Hangup

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Roman Zhovtulya