[Asterisk-Users] Please help with install *

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Tue Mar 8 09:39:31 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 11:16 -0500, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Victoria Alexandru wrote:
>

> > Since Mandrake cooker (10.2beta3) witch I'm using is using kernel
> > 2.6.10, I wander if I have a chance to install it properly.
> > All I have are the 3 installation CDs and it looks I'm missing some
> > packages (bison, and associated -devel, zlib, and associated -devel).
> > Should these be taken from contrib?
> >

> Victoria,
>
> I strongly suggest that you use Mandrake 10.1 Official, this has
> everything you need to compile Asterisk.  Please take not of the
> README.udev in the zaptel directory.

Normally I'd say any extra files needed are on the mirrors, but for the
last week MDK have successfully hosed most of the mirrors as far as
urpmi is concerned. You can get the necessary files via straight ftp and
then install them from local copies.

I can assure you that it all works as I'm using Cooker updated each day
and none of the files you need have been changed since beta3.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>