[Asterisk-Users] getting started

Luca Bariani lucabariani at ferrara.linux.it
Tue Mar 8 08:55:30 MST 2005

Hi

I'm just subscribed to this list because I'd like to try Asterisk
I'd like some soggestions for getting started with it

I tried to compile source tarball on my mandrake 10.1 but I got compilation
error, I think because mdk 10.1 has a too newer gcc compiler

I can use older mdk or red hat/fedora distributions, which ones are better and
supported by asterisk?

I have two IVR boards, a voicetronix openLine4 and a dialogic D41-JCT-PCI, I
read somewhere that they are supported by asterisk, how can I use them?

if someone has some useful link for starting with asterisk is welcome

thanks

Luca