[Asterisk-Users] NAT Far End Traversal

Yair Hakak yhakak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 07:00:41 MST 2005

Hello,
 i'm using ser+nathelper+rtpproxy in front of asterisk. It has been
terrific. The only problem i have is with some DSL modems that grab
port 5060 for themselves (why, i don't know, it's very annoying but
easily solvable). Other than that, no issues at all, in the NAT, in
the DMZ, between the modem and the router, all good.

You can also look into ser+stun in front of asterisk.

Or, you could just use IAX :-)

-yair