[Asterisk-Users] Tweaking AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Mar 8 05:56:22 MST 2005

On March 8, 2005 04:32 am, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> Is this the same thing that I might be getting on a TE405p? Most of the
> time, everything works nicely, but sometimes, things go astray, and echo
> comes into the conversation. Also seems to affect faxes with some lines
> with errors during the fax. Finally, also sometimes get a red alarm on
> the line, shortly followed by it going green again, of course, it drops
> all calls in progress...

It sounds like you are getting clock slips on the span.  Are you sure you're
syncing to the other side (or that the other side is syncing to you)?

FWIW I have *zero* trouble sending or receiving faxes through a 1-hop IAX2
span with TE405Ps on either side.  It is only with the TDM400P that I cannot
reliably receive faxes.

Note that I am *not* using the agressive canceller, just the default (MARK2 I
think).  It is an interesting datapoint that on our Bell Canada PRI I was
unable to achieve decent echo cancellation until I enabled MMX optimzation in
zconfig.h and turned on pentium4 instructions and ordering with
CFLAGS+=-march=pentium4 in the Makefile.  This is on a Xeon 2.8 system.

-A.