[Asterisk-Users] Call Forward or DND

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Mar 7 18:18:39 MST 2005

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

> Eric Wieling wrote:
>
>> Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>>
>>> Goto(my-internal-sipphones,1234)
>>> Goto(my-internal-sipphones,8005551212)
>>>
>>>     The first argument is the context, the next argument is the
>>> number. Your internal sip phones should be able to reach each other
>>> via "extension" dialing and (hopefully) be able to reach outside
>>> numbers as well.  No gotoif's, etc. needed.  It gives you the ability
>>> to forward calls to ANY number that your sip phones can call (via
>>> THEIR context). Very flexible.
>>

>> No.  The last argument is the PRIORITY, the second to the last
>> argument is the EXTENSION, and the third to the last argument is the
>> CONTEXT.  You must ALWAYS have a priority with a Goto, and it it
>> always the last arguement.
>

> Sorry!  I forgot the priority.  Sometimes when trying to answer multiple
> questions while doing many other things the mind can become
> confused/forgetful...
>
> Anton, just add ",1" to the goto's before (at the end).
>
> P.S. - Eric, I was not explaining this in terms of a generic use of
> Goto, but rather a simplified explanation that was specific to Anton's
> intended use.

The mailing list archives have a VERY long memory.  Centuries from now
  people with very large brains and very skinny legs will see your
message in the mailing list archives and spend a day or three trying
to figure out why their Gotos in Asterisk are not working.

I accidently post wrong info to the mailing list on occasion too, but
we should all try to remember that anything we post will go into the
archives.