[Asterisk-Users] Re: TE410P not Interrupting

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Mon Mar 7 17:53:11 MST 2005

Mark F. Vickers wrote:

> Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
>> In article <4acda1b40412302118791d6f1e at mail.gmail.com>,
>> Eric Bishop <asterisk.eric at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just got a brand new server and a Digium TE410P. I get the sequential
>>> (knight rider) lights before loading the zaptel driver. As soon as I
>>> load the driver all loghts go off. It appears the card is not
>>> generating interrupts.
>>>
>>> [root at test ~]# cat /proc/interrupts
>>>          CPU0
>>> 0:  111005341    IO-APIC-edge  timer
>>> 1:          9    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
>>> 8:          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
>>> 9:          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
>>> 12:         66    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
>>> 14:       7870    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
>>> 185:          0   IO-APIC-level  t4xxp
>>> 193:      26141   IO-APIC-level  cciss0
>>> 201:    1139611   IO-APIC-level  eth0
>>> NMI:          0
>>> LOC:  111010062
>>> ERR:          0
>>> MIS:          0
>>> [root at test ~]#
>>>
>>> Have also tried replacing the card, changinf PCI slots and messing
>>> with the BIOS all with the same result. If anyone can help I would be
>>> very grateful..
>>

>> I have found this on one particular server (a 1U industrial server),
>> and it was traced to a faulty backplane not connecting the IRQ line.
>>
>> As a test, try replacing the TE410P with a different PCI card that you
>> know works in another computer, e.g. an Ethernet card. See if it
>> initializes and generates interrupts. If not, then your problem is
>> on the PCI bus somewhere.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tony

Eric,

	This can happen if the zaptel drivers are not properly modprobe -r'd
before the system is shutdown.  It has been mentioned on the wiki
before.  Try bringing up the system, modprobe'ing the modules, modprobe
-r'ing them, and reboot.  Then modprobe the modules and check the
interrupts.  What kind of mobo/chipset is this?

--
Kristian Kielhofner