[Asterisk-Users] LiveVoIP Problems?

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Mon Mar 7 16:26:29 MST 2005

Afaik, caller-id name is not passed on between lecs and clecs (via SS7)
-- that's what I remember from a thread I read here in the past.  That's
why most clecs maintain their own DBs, and that's also why it takes
weeks for callerid information to propagate, and why your name may show
up in different variations (or not at all) depending where you call.

To clarify -- "PSTN termination" to me means "any VOIP service that
terminates to PSTN".  I have yet to see an IAX or SIP service provider
that passes on caller-name via PRI or SS7 to the PSTN.  And even if they
did, chances of the name arriving at the called number are slim to none.