[Asterisk-Users] LiveVoIP Problems?

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Mon Mar 7 15:20:53 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Milk" <jay at skimmilk.net>

> You won't be able to send caller-id NAME with any PSTN termination.
> That's just not how that works.  Each CLEC looks up the name in some
> mystical database based on the phone number.  How to get that DB, I
> don't know, but it sure would be nice to integrate something like this
> into *, wouldn't it?

Sure, but wouldn't LiveVoip be using PRI as opposed to PSTN?  I dunno about
in the US, but here (Canada) we've got switch-based CallerID and user-based
CallerID.  As long as you're using a PRI based line the user can fire both
caller number and caller name to the telco and see the results on the other
side (user-based).   If this isn't available in the US then that's fine, but
otherwise it'd be nice to be able to send caller name along with the number
through LiveVoip.

regards,

Paul