[Asterisk-Users] Tweaking AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR

Dennis Webb dwebb at delta-express.cc
Mon Mar 7 11:50:40 MST 2005

This seems to be how AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR works.  To make sure you
don't get echo, it does what a speakerphone does, mute the other party
if it hears audio from your end.  There is a setting in mec2_const.h for
AGGRESSIVE_HCNTR=160 that says in the comments 20ms, I'm assuming this
is to tell how long to suppress the other party.  There is nothing on
this that I have found anywhere and since we are live, I can't change
until later to see how it works.

We have Polycom SIPS for users, and it doesn't matter what the other
party is.  It seems from another thread, that the problem midcall is
that the electrical properties of the line change midcall causing the
echo to return.  Without AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR defined the first minute
or so is fine, then a click happens and the echo begins.  The phones
also seem to go extra sensitive then.  You can then hear even keyboard
clicks from typing where you don't normally.  I've wondered if it's the
zaptel cards or poor electricity at my place to the asterisk server.  I
have put in a SmartUPS 1500 to try to condition electricity there just
to make sure.

As far as echo and PRI, thanks for making me cry since I just knew that
would solve it.