[Asterisk-Users] Tweaking AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Mar 7 11:31:30 MST 2005

On March 7, 2005 01:23 pm, Dennis Webb wrote:
> Using TDM400's here and I have tried everything to cure the echo.  I
> have used the Milliwatt test from the telco and from asterisk to tune
> RX/TX gain via a patched ztmonitor.  What happens is I experience
> midcall echo.  I turned on aggressive_suppressor and it seems to do
> great.  The problem happens with misc. noise around the office will
> cause it to mute the other end of a phone call while they are talking.
> I haven't been able to find anywhere in the MEC2 source to limit when it
> mutes the remote party.  It seems to do it with just the slightest bit
> of sound coming from the room.  What are my options besides getting mad
> and ordering a PRI and a TE100?

PRI and TE110 won't save you; we've had echo issues with our TE405P and a Bell
Canada PRI.  All the PRI does is ensure *you* are not causing echo.

Now I'm curious -- What physical phones are on either side of this call?  Do
you have a speakerphone on?  I've never heard of an echo canceller acting how
you describe, but lots of speakerphones do exactly that.

-A.