[Asterisk-Users] working system for months suddenly stopped today with Failed to authenticate on INVITE to

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Mar 7 11:39:50 MST 2005

I am getting a log message of
Failed to authenticate on INVITE to ...

after months of a system working. I have changed nothing...

What can cause this. I did some searching and tried setting
in sip.conf (canreinvite to both yes and no - made no difference)
by default I had no entry at all when this started happening.

I am using sip phones, grandstream, cisco combination and
all running sip. Calls can come in just fine. just cant make any
calls out. Whey trying I get the Failed to authenticate.

Any ideas?

Jerry