[Asterisk-Users] BroadVoice configuration changes for Outbound

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Mar 7 06:13:47 MST 2005

> I've fought this all weekend.
> Friday, they couldn't take an order because the credit card thing on the
> website
> was broken.
> Saturday, I got an account.
> Incoming works, put the <phonenumber> at the end of the register string
> and then place that number as an extension in your broadvoice context.
>
> Outbound still doesn't work.
> I've tried everything on this list and everything I could find on the wiki
> and all other lists.
>
> Going home. Sympathetic responses greatly appreciated.
>
> BTW, who else does flat-rate BYOD?

I had BV service for a while, but moved on due to limited dsl bandwidth
on my end and their support for sip only. Now using iax with teliax.com
and really haven't had any problems.

While I had BV service, I noticed issues with registration as well,
but those seemed to be related to exactly which BV server I was trying
to register with. Through experimenting I found one of their servers
to be almost 100% reliable and used it for several months. Not sure
if that has changed in the last month or so though. (I had to place
147.135.8.128 sip.broadvoice.com in /etc/hosts.)

Judging from past user posts, there seems to be a fair number of users
that have asterisk behind a firewall and apparently don't understand
what is needed to properly configure * for this.

Rich