[Asterisk-Users] voicemail volume

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Sun Mar 6 12:59:30 MST 2005

On Asterisk 1.0 with a 4-port Digium FXO card, voicemails from the PSTN
have volume so low they often can't be heard. Worse, callers sometimes get
cut off in the middle of leaving a message. It is extremely frustrating to
hear "...and my number is...END OF MESSAGE"

A search of the archives shows this is known bug:

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002023.

I'm relatively new to * and don't know what parameters I can tweak to fix
this.

For example, where does "pstnVMgain=5" go?

And are there other parameters I can use to fix this problem?

thanks

dn