[Asterisk-Users] BroadVoice configuration changes for Outbound

Marios Andreou marios at comand.net
Sun Mar 6 10:55:44 MST 2005

Where do you have setup for incoming calls to go?
To an extension ?
To [<context>] s extension?
"sip show registry" does it show that you are registered with BV?

The first 3 questions have to do with Asterisk.
If you have them to go to an extension and that extension has DND or it is not re-registered with * after restarting it to take the
new settings in other words if asterisk cannot find it then it will return "Unavailable" to BV and BV will forward the caller to the
Voicemail.

The last question of course is for debugging. If you don't get register then something is definitely wrong like your number or
password (typos) and/or your network connection. Are you behind a NAT? My config assumes no NAT because my * box is my
firewall/gateway also.

If you don't see any registrations then try a soft phone to register with BV and see if the soft phone succeeds. Then you know if BV
or your Network has a problem.