[Asterisk-Users] Getting asterisk-addons installed on Debian?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Mar 5 20:33:31 MST 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 01:19:24PM -0000, C. Tomlinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some trouble installing asterisk addons on Debian. I wish to do
> this to use mysql billing.
>
> I have mysql and mysql-devel packages installed I think!?

Yes, it should do (together with a build environment).

I know it is enough (at least for the mysql part) because I've already
built debs of asterisk w/mysql:

http://tzafrir.org.il/rapid/
http://tzafrir.org.il/rapid/APT.html

Those are not well-tested packages. Specifically the mysql stuff will go
into a separate package.

I'm basically following Debian's pkg-voip packages. The news from there
are mostly:

* inclusion of bristuff
* asterisk-h323 dropped, as it is currently incompatible with the 1-0
  branch. asterisk-oh323 is used instead.

> The problem seems to be making asterisk-addons.
> I have exported from the cvs and tried both CVS and STABLE versions. I am
> running asterisk stable, installed via xorcom rapid (which may be why it
> freaks out?)

Xorcom Rapid does not include a build environment because most of our
users don't need one and we don't want to maintain all the extra
packages needed for a build environment.

We build al of our packages on Debian Sarge and keep as close as
possible to it, so if you want a build environment for Rapid you need to
add Debian sources to your apt repository. You can do that using 'apt-setup'

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's